Monday, January 12, 2009

Blood Diamond (film)

I watched this film twice. The first/1st time was one/1 of the cinemas of Gateway Mall with my family. The movie released here in the Philippines last year, I forgot what date. The second/2nd time as in/on HBO last Saturday evening at 9 p.m on my parents' bedroom.



The film/movie is about and "the title refers to blood diamonds, which are diamonds mined in African war zones and sold to finance the conflicts and profit the warlords and the diamond companies across the world. The film was nominated for five/5 Academy Awards including Best Actor (DiCaprio) and Best Supporting Actor (Hounsou)."



The other nominations of the movie/film are:

Nominated for Best Sound Mixing
Nominated for Best Sound Editing
Nominated for Best Film Editing - Steven Rosenblum




I didn't realized that the actor Stephen Collins of the TV series 7th Heaven, and the actor Arnold Vosloo of the movies The Mummy and The Mummy Returns, until I watched film/movie. I didn't know that the actor Ntare Mwine, the actor who plays Ututsu in the NBC TV show Heroes, is also included in this movie/film and until I recognized him and his voice. His name in the film/movie is M'Ed.



I credit some of the information here,Wikipedia.
And also, I credit the movie poster to Wikipedia.

No comments:

Post a Comment